Sunday, June 21, 2009

The splendor of the King


Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours (1 Chronicles 29:11)


As I lay on the beach that we walked to from the beach house we were staying at, I was in awe of His glory and majesty all around me! No matter which direction I looked I was surrounded by the creator's masterpiece. From the music that was being played with the waves crashing on the shore to the breeze that encompassed me, I was reminded that everything is His and I am so incredibly blessed to have a part in it all!

We spent the day just bumming it up on the beach and playing games with Cherise's friends. We played some speed scrabble, but we had to come up with a new game to play with the scrabble pieces because the boys couldn't handle losing to me every single game, and I really needed some competition ;) so we decided that we had to make sentences with our letters and the person with the least amount of letters left over after they made their sentence wins. We came up with some funny ones:

We ended our night with some delicious Thai food. I'm definitely getting my stomach ready for all the different foods I will be eating over the next couple weeks. I also got to meet one of Cherise's friends Amos from Kenya. He told me about how he's starting a non-profit camp in Kenya for all the orphanages in the specific area he's going to be working. It's so cool seeing how God is working through everyone to reach His people! The camp will be called Camp Ohana, and Amos said he just had the dream and it's really taken off from there! Who knows, maybe I'll end up working some summer at Camp Ohana in Kenya :) (don't worry mom, he said Kenya's very safe ;))!

2 comments:

  1. The speed scrabble skills know no boundries(literally), representing the mainland with honor (and a bit of house cleaning, to boot, something I know of oh too well. :( "silly boys, scrabble's for girls!"). If the N.M.T.L.(remember this?) goes belly up, you always got something to fall back on! :) The pictures are staggeringly resplendent! Breath taking beauty. And the title is unequivocally on point, how could He be missed amidst such creational evidence! In a word, astounding. Until your next post, "malama pono".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery. Couln't read the sentences clearly. Could read the surf vacation one. Very appropiate. Looks like a fun game.

    ReplyDelete