Sunday, June 28, 2009

Huling Linggo

That's tagalog (pronounced tuhgola) for "last day", one of the official languages in the Philippines-the second is English. Yes, it was my last day today in the Philippines. Last days are hard because that means it's time to leave. At least I get to take off to Vietnam and it's not back to the States yet :)

I had a great last day that I got to spend with the Norco group and the kiddies! We started our day off with church at the church right next door to where we're staying. It's called the JCCV and it was an awesome service. It was hard to follow what the pastor was saying because he kept mixing English and tagalog. I pretty much got the jist of it ;)


After church, Jeff, the leader of Kids International Ministries and Faith Children's Home, took all of us out to lunch at Chili's. It was funny how much it actually tasted like the Chili's in America. It was really good! There was great company too so that made it great!

After Chili's we got to do a little shopping in the market. Everything's so cheap here, but since I'm just backpacking I can only buy what will fit in my backpack......very sad ;)

Tonight has been pretty hot and very humid, but it didn't stop us from working. I got to help organize and clean the library for the seminary that's at the JCCV church and then I played all kinds of sports with the kids....one of those being basketball. The kids really showed me up though, and I realized how horrible I actually am at basketball :)

We had devotions at the orphanage tonight, and I got to work with the youngest kiddos. We told them the story of David in the Lion's Den. Then we all pretended to be lions and roar! It was so cute watching the kids roar and playing with them! I must admit, I made a pretty ferocious lion!



We ended the night with tucking the kids into bed and good night kisses, some Filipino food, and board games.

It's time for me to finish this blog and go off to pack because I have to leave the orphanage at 10 am tomorrow morning for the airport. It's off to Vietnam. Once again, please pray for safety-on my flight over there and while I'm staying there. I'm so excited to eat some yummy Vietnamese food and get to see the culture and all the history there! Thank you so much everyone for your continued prayers! The trip has been amazing so far!! I'm excited to see what God has planned for me in Vietnam!! Love you all!!

5 comments:

  1. The joy of life. Helping someone out and getting a great reward for doing so. It seems the giver gets the best deal. Maybe that's what Christ meant when he said, "it is better it give than to receive." One day you will say that you warmed the childrens hearts and made them smile all over the world. I am proud so of you. Keeping you in my prayers as your journey goes on. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Zukewycz said it best, "One day you will say that you warmed the children's hearts and made them smile all over the world". And I look forward to the day when I'll be standing beside you, and Jesus reaches out to embrace you, takes you in close to Him, and whispers in your ear, "you warmed their hearts and you made them smile, not only in Jerusalem, or Judea and Samaria, but to the ends of the world. Though much greater, you did it all for My Name alone. Well done, good and faithful servant! Well done indeed!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I miss you already! Come back to the Philippines! We played a new game today and it made me miss you. You would've been great at it. Anyway, I pray all is going well. Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you guys already too!! My team is gone ;) I'll be praying for you guys and following your blog!! Can't wait to see what you God does with you guys in Malaibalai (sp??) :)

    ReplyDelete