I had a wonderful last day in Mae Sot. We ended up staying the night Sunday night and Monday night at Kru (teacher) Hawm's house. She was one of the teacher's from Huai Bong school that I became really good friends with while I was living here. I spent time with her and her mom and dad! It was so great to see them! Sunday night was Becca's last night. We all went out for a Thai BBQ and ate all we could eat. Teep ate continuously for 2 hours. It was hilarious! We took Becca to the bus station, said our goodbyes and headed back to Kruhawm's house. That night was pretty funny. I shared the bed with Kruhawm and we had a large body pillow in between us. She made sure she showed me which side was hers and which side was mine. I was dead asleep and had been for a long while and was frightened awake as KruHawm grabbed my arm and yelled my name. I thought that maybe I had crossed over the pillow and went onto her side, but as was translated to me over my last night's dinner, KruHawm had a dream that somebody gave her a dessert. The dessert was huge (say the size of a body pillow) and she couldn't finish it all. She was calling my name so she could give me the rest, but I wasn't listening to her. So she ran over to me, yelled my name one more time, grabbed my arm and forced me to eat the dessert. Little did KruHawm know, she was actually grabbing me in real life. We laughed about that for a long time over dinner.
My last dinner was wonderful. KruSukit (another wonderful teacher from Huai Bong) wanted us to eat dinner at his house. He prepared wonderful food and I even got to make the Sum Tum (papaya salad). It was so much fun! KruSukit also had flowers waiting for me that said "Welcome to Thailand, Miss USA". It was so sweet! He has such a wonderful, giving heart!
KruSukit was helping me make the Sum Tum :)
The next morning, it was time for me to head to the bus station to catch my bus to Bangkok. I felt so loved as Teep, Terra, KruSukit, and KruHawm all were waving me off. The end to a perfect time in my old home!
Now it's off tomorrow to catch my plane back to America!! Woo-hoo!! I have to fit in one more Cow Mun Gai and one more massage tomorrow before I head to the airport.....since who knows when I'll be able to make it back to Thailand. I gain a day coming back to America and I'll stay the night in Los Angeles and then catch my plane back to Phoenix on Thursday. I'm so excited to see everyone and tell you all about my trip (the parts I didn't write in my journals that is :)).
*Please pray for a safe journey back home. Who knows who I'll meet on my way home. Pray that I can be a light to whomever God brings my way :) See you all soon!! Love you!

What about the piggy back ride just days before you left? That hurts(mentally and physically ;0))! Still recovering from the back spasms and the kick marks on the ribs. Hurry your crazy globetrottin' self home(so you can trot off again for a couple weeks, haha). See you soon. God-speed and keep you safe through your last hours of travel!
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear that you are having a wonderful time...as usual. Am looking forward to hearing about the .....rest of the story. See you soon, Love, Dad
ReplyDeleteAwesome Paul Harvey quote, Mr. Z. He had the most interesting stories and the coolest voice! Oh yeah, this is Andrea's blog, not a chatroom. Umm, see..you..soon, young lady?!? *whispering*(We'll talk more about it later, Mr. Z. "Webmaster Andy" is crackin' down on all non-Andrea related comments and givin' the boot to any blogger buster breaker biolators(last word, spanish modified, for super coolness effect. Impressed, I know!! ;0))
ReplyDelete