After 6 hours of riding the bus and 3 hours of riding a mini van packed to the brim with 19 people, we made it to Mae Sot. It was quite an adventure. It was raining almost the entire drive and the weather is gorgeous here. We're 9 hours north of Bangkok and surrounded by mountains and jungles so there's rain and a breeze. God has definitely blessed us with beautiful weather after all the heat and humidity I've been through. It's a nice break before I have to come back to the heat in good ol' Phoenix in about 10 days.
Teep and Terra (my friends in Thailand) were waiting at the bus station to pick us up when we arrived. It was so great to see them and be back in Mae Sot. It was like coming back home! As we were driving to get some dinner, Teep and Terra's car began to overheat and started to rattle and break down. They live in Mae Tan, which is about an hour from Mae Sot, so there was no way we were going to make it back to Mae Tan, considering it was about 9 pm when we arrived. So we ate some Cow Mun Gai (I have to eat it as much as I can while I'm here :)), and then booked a hotel room for the night. They're going to take the car in to the shop tomorrow. They are both missionaries here, so they are on a strict budget. I know, as do they, that God always provides. Please pray for God's provision and that the car is able to be fixed at a reasonable price. Thank you! Sawadee!
Mohammed's Story
7 months ago

Andrea, post or email total repair costs and we'll start a collection to send over. Also include anything else (other than prayer) they would need; *disclaimer* not including blu-rays, flatscreen plasmas, or krispy kreme donuts(we may make an exception for the last one. But know, there are no guarantees how many, if any ;0(, will actually make it to the post office. Box of Donuts and I may need a chaperon to help control our unbridled "appetites" for each other. I just can't trust myself around Box of Donuts. I must be reminded that her sugary glazed bed, sprinkled in chocolaty goodness only leads to Sheol...!);0) Also, praying they find someone honest and trustworthy for repairs. And if not, then praying your mad bartering super powers unite for one last heroic cause, hagglin' poor mechanic guy(poor cause he doesn't stand a chance) down to pennies and rice.;0)Yeah for the Zukey, and not so much yeah for dude's 8 starving kids and always critical mother-in-law who wanted her daughter to marry that doctor from the neighboring village! ;0(
ReplyDeleteBoy, That guy ahead of me is pretty funny. I can chip in $20.00 to help out. Glad to hear all is well besides the car. Nineteen people in a mini-van. Must have been one heck of a ride. The boys are doing well. 1/2 hour a day run at the school field. Except for today, as it was over 110. Dad
ReplyDeleteYeah he is pretty funny dad :) I will post as soon as I know how much it will all cost. Thanks for taking them for a walk every day. They're going to be in great shape when I get back. My real estate agent said there might be good news on one of the houses I have an offer on, he'll let me know more on Friday. So they might even have their own backyard to run around in when I get back :)
ReplyDeleteFantastic....hope it's great news.
ReplyDelete